It started with Peter Sims's profile of Andreessen Horowitz on Medium. What really caught my eye was the second sentence in which Sims describes entering the A16Z office: "...you enter a lobby that doubles as a library featuring some of the favorite books of Marc Andreessen."
So I tweeted:
And Marc Andreessen kindly obliged:
In more detail:
Creating a full list of these books will take some time. For now, I'll note what I've read, and what I'd like to read in the near future.
What I've read
- The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
- Seeing What's Next by Clayton Christensen
- The Information by James Gleick
- Exit, Voice, and Loyalty by Albert Hirschman
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
If those books are any indication of the quality of the entire collection, I'm very excited to read the books from his collection that I owned but hadn't yet read:
- The Second Machine Age by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee
- Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital by Carlota Perez
- The Box by Marc Levinson